The Armscor Dockyard Operations Division has a vacancy for a Section Manager (Principal Artisan Superintendent): Electrical
The purpose of this job: Accountable to the Operations Manager to manage marine electrical maintenance processes at the Naval Dockyard Simon's Town.
- Managing section resources to meet set targets (i.e. personnel, budgets, equipment and tools, time, materials and spares)
- Drawing up and reviewing processes to ensure SHEQ and legislative compliance
- Planning, scheduling, directing and controlling work and projects for the section
- Conducting, scanning, investigating and implementing technological processes
- Supporting and motivating personnel within the Labour Relations Act ambit
EXPERT ABILITY AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- National Technical Diploma or higher
- Minimum 3 yearsí relevant management experience in a marine or similar environment
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Innovative and persuasive characteristics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organising abilities
- Sound customer relations
- The ability to take the initiative
- Computer literacy (strongly skilled in MS Office Suite)
Please e-mail your application to Careers@Armscordy.co.za or fax it to 021 787 4020. NB: Please indicate the position and the applicable reference number in your application.Late applications will not be considered.
Correspondence is limited to short-listed candidates. Short-listed candidates will be subjected to psychometric assessment, reference checking, verification of personal data and security clearance as part of the selection process.
In line with Armscorís commitment to complying with the Employment Equity Act, 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
Closing date: 26 April 2012
If you do not hear from us within two months of forwarding your CV, you may accept that your application has been unsuccessful